We are called by God to function as the healthy body of Christ as we love, pray, and serve together in harmony.
"You were called to travel on the same road and in the same direction, so, stay together, both outwardly and inwardly. You have one Master, one faith, one baptism, one God and Father of all, who rules over all, works through all, and is present in all. Everything you are and think and do is permeated with Oneness. But that doesn't mean you should all look and speak and act the same. Out of the generosity of Christ, each of us is given his own gift.." Ephesians 4:4-7
Take a pause to just breathe - set a timer for 10 min.
simply breathe Inhale and exhale Notice any tension or pain in your body.. ask the Lord to relax you or to heal that area. Notice your thoughts.... Release all that will distract you by simply saying silently or out loud "Lord, I release<insert distraction>to you." When the ten min. is up sit silently until you are fully present in this moment.
Then........ Read the scripture above 3x out loud or silently. As you enter into the weekend, consider these reflection questions:
1. As you read the scripture, what word or phrase speaks to you about being in a community with others?
2. In what ways is your church community a safe place for others to grow? In what areas is your church community unhealthy?
2. Who are the people in your church community that help you become a mature believer?
3. How are you cultivating Oneness in your church community?
4. In what ways are you comparing yourself to others?
6. How are you reflecting your uniqueness through your gifts in your church?
5. In what ways are you moving toward your church community? In what ways are you moving away from your church community?
Spend some time journaling, write down the word Community, and use each letter in the word community to write out words describing a healthy community's attributes. Ex. C- Caring....O...Openness...)